PSU is comprised of Licensed New York State Social Workers who provide confidential individual short-term counseling and support to DC 37 Health & Security actives, retirees, and their adult dependents.
Group counseling – Periodically, the PSU staff provides group counseling and interventions for members with similar needs such
- Stress Management Group
- Bereavement Group
- Effective Communication
How would I benefit from PSU?
Counseling Services at PSU will help you to:
- Identify your challenges and struggles
- Develop the strengths and resources that you already have
- Learn effective coping mechanisms to better manage stress
- Improve your communication style
- Function at your optimal emotional level
- Locate community resources